Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] 100 mile Education - FXLivestock

I forgot to mention the most important part of moving up.....Sixth....JUST DO IT!!!  And don't worry so much about the outcome.  If you complete kudos to you.  If you don't finish, you have just learned a wealth of information about yourself and your horse.  You use a DNF to tweak your conditioning program, to make adjustments, to fine tune what you are doing, etc.

Overall,  I have learned so much more when I did not finish a ride about my horse and myself.  I have always tried to turn this experience into "what can I change or how can I improve..."  For me, it has made any successes I have had more meaningful.  I guess it is all in the attitude you want to adopt.   I would be lying if I didn't say that I feel disappointed to pull or not complete BUT I never keep the possibility of a DNF keep me from attempting a goal.