RE: [RC] 100 miler education/incentive - April

I highly recommend the 100 miler's list. I haven't posted there a lot because I can get a lot of GREAT info in the archives. But I have used this as part of my prep for my first 100. (And have gotten a few specific answers to my own questions that I greatly appreciate.) I also get advice from my endurance friends (in person) that have done 100s.

As for incentives, maybe there can be some sort of recognition for a member's first 100 and/or the horse's first 100? Maybe a mention in the Endurance News where the other mileage milestones are celebrated? Or a patch or something? Dunno. Something small, but would have meaning to the receiver? I know I treasure my first t-shirt from my first 50 completion. Well, ok, I actually didn't receive a t-shirt; the completion awards were mugs. So I had my own t-shirt specially made and personalized for me and my horse. I love that shirt. I tend to get asked about it when I wear it to the store or something. :)

April
Nashville, TN
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com