[RC] [Endurance Tracks] Man vs. Horse 2008: Horse bests man again in50-mile Mingu... - Merri

PVTrib.cm - Full Article

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

By Heidi Dahms-Foster, Editorial Manager

Endurance rider Kim Abbott has a history on Mingus Mountain, and she added another chapter Saturday with a win in the Annual 50-mile Man Against Horse Race.

Abbott galloped her Arabian horse, Sea Spot Run, across the finish line with an exhultant yell and a high-five for husband Greg Rose, also an endurance rider.

"Eight years ago today, I won this!" she said.

Abbott finished the grueling 50-mile loop course in 7 hours, 27 minutes, besting last year's winner, Dana Weary, by just three minutes.

Paul Bonnett of Scottsdale was just 20 minutes behind at 7 hours, 57 minutes.

"I was catching up on the mountain," he said, "But I couldn't catch the horse on the flats."

The runner has won the race in the past - most notably Dennis Poolheco, who scorched the course six straight times between 2001 and 2006.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Tracks at 10/08/2008 08:05:00 AM