[RC] EPM - Jean Miller

Horses do come back from EPM.  I know of 2 that went on and continued their careers in distance riding.  I had one.  He was pretty far gone.  I treated him for 6 months, after 2 months I began riding him again.  I was afraid to completely stop treatment, but after Bay practically ripped the reins out of my hands, I knew he was better.  He did have a hock problem, not from EPM, but after the EPM, that hock was not 100%.  However, if I rode him smart, he could do 25s and that is what I did until he reached his 2000 miles in MI.  I finally had him put down at age 23.  I still miss that bugger, he was quite a character to ride.  KY research has good info on EPM so google that.  Or email me privately and ask more questions.  Also research the ridecamp archives, there is alot of info on EPM to be found.  Jeanie