Re: [RC] Liability in lessons for barn work trade - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Thank you, Edna, this is all the same here in CA.  With one more caviate!  Workmen's Compensation!  We have to assess the amount of 'traded' labor and we have to pay WC on that amount.  There is lies the rub.  You can not hire a minor under the age of 15.5 even for 'traded' labor.  This also includes FAMILY members.  I was shocked when I read that last year.  They finally found a way to tax family!  LOL!