Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

RE: [RC] Liability in lessons for barn work trade - edna leigh libby

I am in Maine. I have Liability insurance on my boarding?farm. I am required to 
carry a separate rider on my policy for lessons. I also have to have release 
forms for everyone who takes a lesson or just a pony ride. If the student or 
client is under 18 the parent or gardian has to sign.

Labor is a whole different topic. I have to carry a third rider for "seasonal 
Labor" which is expensive in Maine. (~ 500.00 per year per worker).

If you have "Farm Insurance" then you can expect your agent to be up to date on 
the laws in your state?and know how best to protect your interests in all the 
various arrangements needed to operate an equine facility of any size. Mine 
will always direct me to a lawyer for drawing up the paperwork for contracts.

Better to spend the time on the research than be caught by surprise with a fine 
or a law suit.

It shouldn't be so complicated! I'd love to have more of the kinds of 
arrangements you are contemplating. Not only for my benefit, but, what a great 
experience for kids!!


Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!