Re: [RC] [RC] [Consider This] Basic Horse Care - steelsidedown

DMSO as an alternative??????

Jen

----- Original Message -----
From: sherman
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 9:35 PM
Subject: [RC] [RC] [Consider This] Basic Horse Care

I can?t even remember how many bottles of 100 tabs of bute I?ve gone thru in the past 10 years, nearly all of it for our laminitic POA, who?s now around 27 yrs old, and going strong. I suppose she may have some undiagnosed and asymptomatic kidney problems from long term use, but it?s better than the alternative of depression and lameness during an episode. The key words in this article are ?when possible?. When a horse is in need, then it?s not possible to avoid the use of bute, right?

Kathy