[RC] Hay Question - Valerie Nicoson

With our round bales running out we managed to find some decent hay and hauled home a few big square bales.  At least we believe it to be good as we've only had 1 hay buying season so we're still learning.  We used to board.  Choices were a Bermuda mix with what husband described as having burrs in it of some sort (I didn't see it) and then a Prairie Grass (Bluestem, Brome, and more?) mix which he thought looked good.  We got the Prairie Grass as I too liked the looks of it.  Getting the horses adjusted to it while we still have 1-1/2 round bales left of a general pasture mix of who knows what.

While putting out a small amount of the Prairie Grass mix I noted I started coughing...I haven't had this reaction at all to any other hay we have fed.  Some of our other hay has been dusty and other stuff so I can't imagine that being the case with the Prairie Grass.

Is anyone at all familiar with with a Bluestem/Brome/Prairie Grass mix hay that can tell me more about it?  Hoping I'm not allergic to this stuff!  It looks good and the horses are eating it...I really like it compared to some other grass hays we've fed and maybe we'll try to find more depending on how everyone does on it and all that.

Thanks,
Val