Re: [RC] [RC] New Topic - Dawn Carrie

Hubby and I have already done our first ride, the weekend after Christmas.  But his Paso had his first metabolic issue during a ride - mild colic at 33 miles during the hold, and I pulled RO to give Ross some moral support.

Next is a 50 Feb. 9...was going to do the 75, but decided to do the 50, and then do another 50 the following weekend (Feb. 16).  I'm getting my stocky little CMK guy going for good this year after a few false starts due to not enough time for conditioning two horses.  Then a 75 on March 8, and if all goes well, he does his first 100 the last weekend in April.  Then in mid-May my friend and I will put on our two-day ride, which we always have a blast doing.

We're planning to do Swanton Pacific (100) this year, as it's possibly the last year for the 100, and I've heard that it's gorgeous and not to be missed.  Wish I could do Tevis again, as I got totally hooked on it last year...would do it every year if I could!  But we can only afford one "big trip" out west, and since this might be the last chance to do the SP 100, I can't miss it.

Dawn Carrie, Texas