Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Club foot

Ha!  He mentions the golgi bodies here, and the contributions of grazing stance to high-low heel syndrome.  Doesn't sound like the grazing stance theory is being discredited here too much.

I know people who uses Moses Gonzales that Dr. Ridgway mentions.  His brother, Tony Gonzalez, wrote a book called "Proper Balance Movement - A Diary of Lameness".  I use this model for my own barefoot trimming, so when I don't get medial-lateral balance from a professional farrier job - I go crazy and fire farriers.    I would have used Moses, but Beau couldn't go the six-week cycle before Moses can get back to our area.  He was long at five weeks.  Now that he's barefoot it seems like I'm nipping off his heel and bars every three weeks so that he can get positive frog pressure in that one hoof, otherwise his bars starts laying over and his heel contracts....

K.