Re: [RC] [RC] The Perfect Sportsman - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

As I read your email immediate tears began to flow.  Why?  This little piece of philosophy speaks loud and clear!  Again, for me, it's all about the horse!  And maybe it's an assumption on my part - but from the compassion and passion that drives many of you on Ride Camp - it would seem true that it is all about the horse, for you, as well.  So, shouldn't we always do right by the horse!  And doesn't the final resting place belong to the horse?  Doesn't our involvement with 'the horse' begin and end with them.  Least we ever forget - remember who holds our hearts in the palm of their hooves as if it was a piece of glass!  I am reminded of that every morning as I go out to my barns and observe the 20 horses that look back at me with love and respect.  How could I ever violate that trust?  And therein lays the sadness that envelopes my heart as I read, again, news which would make it seem as though, once again, 'the horse' has become nothing but someone's 'commodity' - to do with as they see fit.  Sadness deep sadness!

D'Arcy