RE: [RC] [RC] Where do you buy your Hay From? - Rae

I’ve been getting hay from a hay farm for nearly 30 years.  Our hay guy and the amount has changed over the years, but we pretty much only get hay at a feed store when we’re at the “tide us over until hay guy comes” situation.  We live in a subdivision, so we don’t have a huge hay barn for storage.  So, every 6 weeks or so, we go pick up about 100 bales (50 lbs, 2 strand).  The really nice thing about having a hay guy as opposed to using the feed store is that when hay in the area went up to $11/bale, we just went up to $6.50.  Plus, the quality is pretty consistent.

Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central Region
Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/niepe