RE: [RC] Breed traits,arabians. - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

Those “old” lines are often called Al Khamsa or CMK as a group.  There are lots of Babsons in the Phoenix area that are considered AK.  Incredible working horses, as a general rule.  If someone is interested in these old lines, google Al Khamsa or CMK.  You’ll not find 15+ hh horses very often in these groups as the Bedu bred for horses that were 14-14:2hh.  You’ll find great bone, incredible stamina, and sometimes they’re pretty but some lines aren’t all that pretty.

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

584 Romie Howard Rd.

Yoncalla OR 97499

541-849-2460

866-241-1531 (toll-free)

www.mfarm.org & www.wildeivey.com

I think maybe the tide is turning back and some arab breeders are realizing what they have been doing has been hurting the arabian breed- about 5 years ago my niece showed our then 22 year old "rescue" arabian gelding at the local arab club show and took reserve champion in the geldings/stallions class.  The judge, who also judges halter at the big Scottsdale show, took her aside and asked her what the breeding on him was and said "too bad he's gelded-people are seeking out the older lines to breed back into".  My niece has his papers and all I can remember is he seemed to have a variety of all the old lines that used to be prevalent here in the Phoenix area. He has really good bone and just an over-all "balanced" look to him and he's still beautiful and moves pretty nice even at age 29.