[RC] Indian Territory Location Change!!! - Susan

The Corps decided to close the dam gates (spell it how you wish) and flooded the trails at Lake Oolagah.  I'm trying to get names for the retribution they have coming! grrrr!!!  Jim has done a LOT of work on the trails and now, as Gared Dale has said, a lot for naught.  Hopefully next year these guys will play fair and we can use the trails.  OK...they have a good reason, I'm sure.  So, hopefully the weather won't be crazy next year.

Please help me pass the word.  The new location is Lake Carl Blackwell in Stillwater.  I e-mailed the Lake Ranger EARLY this morning (can you say "NO SLEEP"?) and he called me this morning.  Everything is good to go.  There is a new campground with more electric hook-ups!  Please tell everyone you talk to to go directly to the Lake store (go straight on the Lake road) to pay for camping.  First come, first serve.  After they've paid, they can make a U-turn and come back to the camp ground.

Here is the site for more information about LCB.

LOCATION: Lake Carl Blackwell is located 8 miles west of Stillwater, OK.  From I-35 take exit 174 (Hwy 51) east 8 miles then go north on Hwy 51C (entrance to Lake).  Go 2 miles to Lake store to pay for camping then return 1 mile to equestrian camp.

CAMP: The equestrian camp has drinking water available for horses and people at hydrants located throughout the camp.  It is a large campground with limited electrical sites available.  Please do not tie equines to the tress of put pens around the trees in camp; there are poles for picketing.  Pens are allowed; space is limited.  No alcohol allowed in camp or on trail.  Dogs must be on a leash.

TRAILS: The trails are LCB vary from flat and open to woods with several creek crossings, dirt roads and hills with little rock.  Shoes not required but are recommended.  All vet checks in camp.

Susan Young, Indian Territory Ride Manager