[RC] Grand Canyon XP - October 8-12, 2008, SW Region - Dream Weaver

Here is some information for the next upcoming 5-day 250 mile XP ride:

All five days of the Grand Canyon XP are out of the same basecamp which is located in Dry Park, on the north rim of the Grand Canyon.  We ride through beautiful aspen and conifer forests and across wide open meadows through the North Kaibab Plateau on the Arizona Trail and the Rainbow Rim trails. Both of these trails offer spectacular views of the Grand Canyon. The trails course along the rim of the canyon but are far enough back from the cliffs that one does not have to a worry about a fear of heights.  We hope to be in the middle of our usual Indian Summer during the time of the ride. The fall foliage, set against a backdrop of heavy green forests and the colors of the Grand Canyon offers a riding experience of a lifetime. The Kaibab Plateau is quite flat on top and the horses will have few, if any, climbs of significance. Although many of the trails are what you would expect in an alpine forest, there are some sections that can be somewhat rocky. We expect cool, mild days but be prepared for chilly nights. Typical October temperatures are in the sixties and seventies during the day and thirty to forty at night. As with all XP rides, free lunches are provide to everyone including the crews. Annie will prepare meals for a nominal charge if requested in advance.

Click here for more information on the ride.  If you would like to enter, please do so online at this link:  http://xprides.com/RideEntry.html   Be sure to select which ride you are entering from the drop-down list.  Here are some photos from a previous year:  Day 1Day 2 and 3Day 4Day 5

Once you are signed up you will receive a newsletter as the ride gets closer with any new additional information that you will need to know.  Basecamp is in the same location as last year and stays in the same place all 5 days.

Here is the current YTD XP-Rider mileage:  http://xprides.com/2008YTDMILEAGE.PDF

Hope you can make it!

karen @ xprides.com