Re: [RC] OK, the scoop on Big Bear - victoria thompson

I guess I better correct this before Kat does. Kat officially entered the race. She didn't just go for the fun of it. She turned management of the ride over to Greg for the day and saddled up. She did this for 2 reasons. One, because she really wanted to do the ride, and two, because not all of the trail was marked and if she went with Carolyn it wouldn't have to be marked (although the trail really didn't have to be marked because of all the forest service signs saying Pacific Crest Trail), so she went to keep Carolyn company. As luck would have it the other riders that were signed up to do the ride had to pull out because of lamenesses a week before the ride.

The course is almost all single track with some rocky spots, very little flat terrain for making up time (about 8 miles in total), but only one really steep climb. The horses that do this ride have to be well trained and in tip top condition as there is no room for error. Carolyn said that the 38 miles she rode were spectacular and she loved it.

Tori