Fwd: [RC] Breeding your mare...sheesh guys - Karen Sullivan

Kathy and all,
My mustang mare is not a Kiger; she is from Coyote Lakes, which is east of Steens
Mountain.  Anyway, she looks like a bigger version of a "Spanish mustang", being
about 15.2, with a very um, mustang type head, or as I prefer, Andalusian-looking <g>.
She has developed a variety of "easy gaits" over 3 years of conditioning and hills; started out with a broken pace,which has developed into a singlefoot anda rack, and most recently, occasionally a running walk.  She has comfortable trot and canter..but where she leaves a lot of horses in the dust is the downhills...where she really gaits easily and quickly.

Really loves a go, Arab type personality, very fire-y, and a neat grulla color with the leg barriing and dorsal stripes.

If anyone was every going to breed an Arab to mustang, the one stallion who is a standout to me is Steens Vaquero (Cowboy), a grulla, 15.2h just absolutley gorgeous Kiger who does Cowboy dressage and blows the warmbloods away!1
Karen