[RC] More "bonehead moves" to brighten Toris day. - Melissa Margetts Ms. Kitty

I have spent Waay too much time on the computer today. Mostly because I'm too bummed to go outside cuz it's snowing. Yep SNOWING! First snowfall of the season and even though we have about eight months of it, I'm never ready for the first dusting. I was so ready for some ride camp levity after taking part in the earlier heated breeding discussion. While reading Carlas and Toris "bonehead" moves, I was just remembering one of my own. One day I tied one of the horses to the arm of a fairly heavy bench seat that we had taken out of the van and were waiting to take off to storage, so it was just sitting conveniently next to the barn. I only meant to tie him for a minute while I went about messing around cleaning up some things in the tack shed. By the time I remembered that he was tied there, he had sauntered about eight miles down a jeep road leaving grooves from the clamps of the bench seat that he was dragging behind him, so he was very easy to track. By the time he reached the paved main road, he was already reported to animal control, the Sheriffs Office, and the local radio station. All the reports stated that a stray horse was calmly walking down the road toward town, was grazing and seemed to be oblivious to his "cargo". I retrieved the horse, came back for the seat and called the Sheriff, animal control and radio to report that all was well when they put me LIVE on the air. The next day there was a picture of him on the front page of the local paper with a mouth full of grass and his Ford bench seat at the end of his lead rope. I was the Director of the local wildlife center for thirty years and people would think I would have been more animal savvy. The by-line read "Resident horse from Rocky Mountain Ark hits the road for greener pastures". I wanted to crawl under a rock.