[RC] The Tom Quilty Gold Cup.... part 2 - Jay Randle

So, as I am very proud of all the Splendacrest horses and riders that will be competing at the 2008 Tom Quilty Gold Cup, let me tell you a little about them:

The youngest member of our team is Ingrid Ambrosiussen, at 15 years old.  Ingrid has been riding for Splendacrest since January 2007, and is a lovely young lady.  She will be riding Shaah, a pure Polish 8 year old brown arabian gelding, standing at 15hh.  I purchased Shaah as a 2 year old, and this is his third season of competition.   Ingrid will be riding in the Junior division of the ride (juniors here do not need to be accompanied by an adult, so she will be riding by herself).

The next youngest member of our team is Tarnia Kittel, who will be 16 in November.  Tarni has been riding for Splendacrest for 3 years, and has the amazing balance of a gymnast (which is how she used to spend her time prior to discovering horses!).  She will be riding Splendacrest Dryad, a 13 year old bay Arabian mare, 15hh.  Dryad has been a part of Splendacrest for 7 years, and this is her 6th year of competition.  Tarni will be riding in the Middleweight division.

Then we have Gerard Bou, commonly known as "G", who is in his 30's, 6'4" tall, skinny as a beanpole with no butt, long haired, and bearded!  G has been riding for Splendacrest for 20 months, and has taken to the sport like the proverbial duck, even though he hadn't ridden for close on 20 years prior to starting with us.  G will be riding Splendacrest Fiesta, a 9 year old bay Arabian mare, 15hh when she's standing on tippy toes!  I bought Fiesta as a 3 year old, bred her and gained a beautiful filly foal, and then started her under saddle once the foal was weaned.  Fiesta was a real handful to begin with, but is now a reliable and gutsy performer.  I then sold her as a 6 year old to a Japanese client who elected to leave her here in training, and who flies over to ride her 3 or 4 times a year.  Unfortunately he is unable to ride the Quilty, so has graciously asked G to ride his horse for him.

Liz Cullam is a very good friend of mine who lives on the other side of the country, in Western Australia.  She is coming over to the east coast to join us, and to ride Bullarto Fiorelli, a 9 year old brown Anglo mare, 15.2hh.  Fiorelli is often a naughty girl, but Liz loves her as she successfully completed the 2006 Quilty on Fiorelli for a Top Ten placing.  I'm looking forward to catching up with Liz, and you can be sure there will be a lot of tall tales told around the campfire!

A very good client of mine is Rod Strahan, who breeds endurance Arabians that are well-known and respected throughout Australia.  You can visit his website at www.shardell.net .  Rod will be riding his home-bred 9 year old grey Arabian gelding Shardell Azrark, who stands at 16hh.  And yes, he is a purebred Arabian!  Azrark has been competing in endurance for 3 years, and has had some great results.  I have been training this great horse since the beginning of this year.

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

"If you want control, get a remote!"

Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple!