From: Ann Blankenship <greenwoodann@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] breeding
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 6:17 PM

Heidi said:

Um, maybe because she wants one that possesses the traits that SHE wants??

OK, OK, I don’t want to fight and I’m not being critical….  but just for the sake of discussion…  it would be wonderful if you could breed your favorite mare and your favorite stallion and get just what you want…  unfortunately, as we all know, it doesn’t always happen like that or there would be only perfect horses out there.  Instead, breeders dump lots of foals that are not what they were breeding for.   As I said before, I fell into that trap too.  Standing at the end of a foaling mare and looking at what you have on the ground and saying, “Damn it”.  Now I have this crappy foal that I will keep forever because I bred her and no one in their right mind would want her.  This mare’s dam also was the mama to O. A Top Gun, top ten US and Canada .  The sire was a wonderful guy too.  Never know how those genes are going to link up!  Just something to think about.