Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:13:45 -0700
From: nutzo4horses@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] unloading to fast!!
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a perfect world, with the perfect horse, you can stand outside and point into the trailer and your horse will load.  Believe me, we tried and tried this, even with a pro trainer when we had our straightload.  It wasn't happnin!  We finally sold it and bought a slant.  My mare will pretty much load herself now and so will my hubby's horse, but no matter what, you still have to get in there and snap the trailer ties.  I'm not rolling down the road with "loose" horses in the trailer.  I know people do it, but I worry enough about them when they're secure!  I'm such a mom, what can I say.  My horse does better when I walk in with her anyway.  I think I'll stick to that.  I have never had an issue with her flyin' out of there though either, thank goodness.

~Carrie  <\_~
              // \\

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."
~ Old Arabian Proverb