[RC] Misguided gaited horse people? - Mellifluous

Have any of you folks with gaited endurance horses run across this group?  I worry about a lot of the information on the site, especially the "endurance races."  Maybe it isn't that big of a deal?  It does not look like they are interested in pursuing true endurace but rather a competition for speed racking horses? I wonder if there might be a better way to promoted gaited horses for endurance?

http://www.endurancehorse.org/

Here is the information on their first "endurance race"
http://www.endurancehorse.org/sidelink/2008EnduranceRace.pdf

why?  as a gaited horse owner/enthusiast that is all I can keep asking myself.