[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Britain: Your Horse Masterson Method videostar crow... - Merri

Yourhorse.co.uk - Full Article

By Amanda Stevenson

Barnowl, the equine star of Your Horse's Masterson Method web videos has been crowned National Endurance Champion. The nine-year-old Arab X Argentinian Polo Pony was ridden to victory in the 100-mile Cirencester Park Ride by his owner and breeder Sally Hall, just a week after the filming of Barnowl's treatments by Jim Masterson in June this year.

Jim Masterson commented: "Barnowl is a handsome and fit horse and when treated was without any serious issues other than some of the usual tension in the poll, neck and shoulders that we often find in competition horses. While doing the bodywork I do remember that he was somewhat suspicious and didn't really feel that he needed us messing with him. But horses that compete on his level need the same attention as human athletes, and we didn't take "no" for an answer.

"He turned out to be a pretty good star both in the video and as an athlete!"

The Cirencester Park Ride hosts three FEI CEI 3* classes over 160 km (100 mile) and 120 km (75 mile) routes. Ride conditions were extremely difficult after heavy rain the night before the major classes left deep mud in many places on the route. The humidity also took its toll on many competitors in the 160 km (100 mile) race.

The winner was Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoun from the UAE, who rode an average speed of 14.68 kph, while Sally and Barnowl were the first British combination home, earning them the title of British Champions.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 9/04/2008 08:33:00 PM