[RC] Caja 2008 and Caja 2009 Multiday - Deirdre C. Monroe

Title: Caja 2008 and Caja 2009 Multiday
For all of you who came to the Caja last weekend in Santa Fe and did not get your spectacular trail pictures, you can contact Ron Osborn at photographer_ron@xxxxxxxxxx He can also be reached at 443.838.2784 in the evenings.

I wanted to say thanks for all who came. We had lots of fun and the weather held out reasonably well. The Los Alamos Pony Club did a super dinner, once again, and we had the Agua Fria Fire Department filling stock tanks. Desert Wind Saddlery came, as did my favorite farrier, Robert Holt. The Feed Bin, San Marcos Feed, Desert Wind Saddlery, and LANB provided awards: horse cookies, buckets, lead ropes, and sun screen. Dan's Boots and Saddles and Purina jointly donated 4 bags of Strategy and 4 bags of Ultium. I think everyone was quite pleased.

Caja is here to stay and I have officially asked for AERC for sanctioning of as two-day ride over Memorial Day in 2009. I would plan a 50/25 both days. No fun ride. Probably will require 30 pre-entries to hold the ride.

We had a rather light turnout this year. This seems to be true for just about all one-day endurance rides and even for competitive trail. I would like your feedback. How important is a one-day vs. two-day ride. How important is moving the ride to Memorial Day weekend vs. August? Anything else? The trails were very easy this year with lots of fairly flat trail. Mostly two-track. That's a nice intro ride but what do others want. The really great views are out in the western area and they are more rocky...

Let me know!