[RC] Caja Del Rio ride - Debbie Ekhaml

Hi Ridecampers,

  To all that missed the Caja Del Rio ride this past weekend in Santa Fe, you
might want to consider it for next year.  A tremendous amount of extra work
went into this years ride to make it better and it definitely was worth it!  I
have ridden this ride almost every year since it was started and this years was
the best one.  The trails were changed and alot of the rock issues that may
have kept some away were gone.  The trail was much easier, but still an
endurance ride.  They were marked about the best I've ever seen at any ride.
Water was well placed and plentiful, the vets great, the volunteers bent over
backwards to help everybody, and awards and giveaways quality and enough for
all sometimes multiple times over!  The turnout was small, but it made for an
intimate camp and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  There was not 1 single
pull in either distance! The downfall to the small turnout was this was a
fundraiser to build a Ft Stanton-esque
trailhead.  So I would like to encourage anyone who had been to this ride in
the past or never has, to mark it for next year.  Who knows, maybe it can be
another pioneer ride with enough support?!  Thanks Deirdre, Debbie, Bob and all
the others for all your hard work so we could have a great ride!         Debbie
and Khazz