[RC] Thanks to all Swanton Pacific riders - Barbara McCrary

Thank you one and all for attending Swanton Pacific 75/100 a week ago.  It was the best attended and perhaps the most successful ride of its 25 years.
We're had some very nice comments about the ride and trail and perhaps one year we will offer it again.  It all depends on how much help we can muster to prepare for it.  We are not turning over the management to anyone outside of our family, but we may go through some restructuring and delegating of areas of responsibility, depending on the availability and interest of family members.  The teenage grandkids were a huge help, but they are beginning to go in their own directions, so who knows what the future will bring.
We want to thank all the riders, volunteers and crews for making this year special.  Next year, Lud and I have some travel opportunities.  Maybe we will offer the ride every two years....time will tell.
Despite many of my own pre-ride anxieties about camping and parking limitations, all seemed to go smoothly there.  The new parking area available at Cascade was a huge help in keeping down the traffic on the main driveway.  The weather was perfect and despite a few rider injuries, there seemed to be less problems than usual.
It was wonderful to see riders from far away...Canada, Oregon, Idaho and Colorado.  We acknowledge your dedication to the ride in face of high fuel costs.

Thank you....all of you!

Barbara McCrary
Ride Mgr., Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The Most Beautiful Trail in the World"