[RC] overnight boarding in missouri - reply to MaryBDVM - Cindy Stafford

Mary, Replying to all, as your e-mail address was filtered off your post....

As far as a place for short stay board west of st. louis on I-70, sorry I don't know of any personally, but I'm guessing you'll hear from others more familiar with that side of St. Louis.  But I do know there's a boarding stable near WEntzville, called Irish Fox Stables.  website www.irishfoxstables.com.  There's also the St. Louis National Equestrian Center in Lake St. Louis (www.nationalequestriancenter.com) which is about 5 min. of I-70 near Wentzville.  There are also hotels nearby.  I don't know if they do short stays independent of shows, but might be worth checking into if your still searching?

If you don't hear back from others, you could try contacting this tack store - Golden Horseshoe in Eureka Missouri.  They may know of some in the area.  They are west of St. Louis on I-44.  They don't have a website, but you can look them up on yp.yahoo for phone number.

If you're flexible on location, the stable I board at is about 20 min. east of downtown St. Louis.  From there its an easy 20 min. drive on divided highway and interstate to get back onto I-70 They've put up endurance riders for short stays on trips cross-country to Tevis or from the Santa Fe ride last year.  The most famous guests were  John Crandell and his dad a few years back (they liked it so much they bought a horse :)).  The stable is Desertbred Arabians, www.desertbredarabians.com (or The Riding Center for the riding school, www.theridingcenterinc.com ) and their contact number is 618-539-3903.  Ask for Rodger Davis.

Hope that helps?

Cindy