From: tom noll
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 7:57 AM
Subject: [RC] Olympic Doping

Greetings:

From another list:

Beijing Olympics: Four Show jump horses fail dope test
_22/08/2008_ (
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/22/)
Four show jumpers were suspended from the Olympics yesterday after their
horses failed a drugs test.
Ireland's David Lynch and riders from Germany, Norway, and Brazil were ruled
out, putting the team result in doubt.
All four horses had traces of pain reliever capsaicin, which helps improve
performance.

and a later comment from the same list:

The press interviewed 100 top jumping horses and when asked if they would take a performance enhancing drug that would make them win and be undetectable.  Only 22 of the horses answered nay, the rest simply nodded their heads.

Best Regards,

Tom Noll
SW Idaho