[RC] Hoof Wizard - Laura Hayes

I was not aware of the Hoof Wizard until I read the webpage, but for years we have been doing hoof mapping on hard to balance hooves. We, meaning myself as a farrier, my husband as a vet, and our good friend who had a very large equine practice.  I tried to search 'hoof mapping' on the internet to show you an example, and all that came up was the simple mapping that is done for the barefoot trim.

We used a measuring tape, a protractor, and a marker to measure and map the hoof to balance from the hairline down the hoof in the heels, quarters and toes, and then across the sole, as in the barefoot trim mapping.  As has been stated here, though, there is more to balance than textbook feet and even numbers, and some common sense has to be used.

I can see where this device could prove useful as a template, but it is possible to do the same thing without spending that much money.

Laura Hayes
AERC #2741