[RC] SKYMONT! BETTER THAN EVER :-D - rides2far

Just want to make sure the word gets back out that the Skymont ride in
Altamont, TN Nov 1 is ON. There had been talk of cancelling back in the
summer and June & Larry Jordan want to make sure everyone knows that the
ride is 100% a GO. Not only that, it's probably going to be *improved*.
Everybody who has done the ride knows it's the most gorgeous Fall Colors
ride around, but now management is working on getting a new loop that
will keep riders from repeating one of the previous loops. I have always
loved riding on the dirt roads at Skymont and wished there was more of it
and now it looks like I'll get my wish, a predominantly dirt road loop to
go with the other ...a place to make time! >g<

For anyone who hasn't been to this ride in the past I'll give a quick

Picture a huge Boyscout Reservation where you can hold a ride during
those beautiful weeks when everything else is closed for deer season.
A nice haul in with no tricky switchbacks or miles of dirt road.
A camp facing a beautiful lake with all the fall colors reflecting in the
water.
A huge lodge with a mountain stone fireplace for the banquet.
Miles and miles of single track trails and nice dirt roads that have
never known gravel.
Great vets.
Very well marked.
Great management.
And if that's not enough...this year *I* get to host the awards ceremony.
g< (OK, you can't have *everything*. :-)

I hope everyone turns out in mass. If you have to do those sweltering
mid-summer rides and the freezing winter rides, the miles of chunky
gravel or pavement crossing rides, why not treat yourselves to
the*perfect* fall ride with great footing?

Angie McGhee