Re: [RC] what does disqualified mean? - Susan

One reason for disqualification is the rider didn't present the horse to the vet and just left the ride.  Another reason could be rude behavior.  A rider can be DQ'd for not following the rules.  Thankfully, we don't see a DQ often.

Cindy Stafford <cjstaf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Was seeing some ride results and saw "Disqualified" for a horse, and was curious what puts a horse in this category at a ride?  I assume it doesn't mean Overtime, as that was labeled on other horses.

I can think of extreme examples (drugging, rider behavior, etc.), but are there routine reasons that would 'disqualify' the horse?  Do you get this category if you finish and miss a loop or something?  Or like a junior that loses a sponsor but wants to finish the ride?

just curious.

thx,
cindy

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, ISSO Secretary, ISSO Points Secretary, Regional Representative
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)