[RC] Crewing for Swanton Pacific - Barbara McCrary

After considerable anxiety (who me, a ride manager, have anxiety attacks?  NEVER!  :-)), we have come to the following decisions:
1)  Bloomquist Flat, 1-hour VC:  All crews may come in, but please come in as you expect your riders to come in.  Front-runners first, then leave and allow crews for middle-of-the pack riders, then later riders.  If we spread out the crews based on their expected arrival of their riders, we may be able to squeeze everyone in the parking lot.
2)  Park perpendicular, not parallel, and park snugly.  We don't have the room to sprawl.  No trailers at all!  We are providing rescue trailers all day and into the night.
3)  We have overflow parking at Cascade, and it appears that it will be more convenient for all than parking alongside the driveway.  Upon passing through the Cascade gateway, immediately turn R into a large fallow field, follow the farm road that will take you around the field and to a spot just across the way from the vetting area.  I think there used to be a ditch separating the two areas.  We're checking this out on the weekend.  We want to make as little impact on the residences and farm building areas as possible.  And there is tons of room in that field.  Be prepared to carry or wheel your gear across the way into the VC area.
3)  At base camp, PLEASE do not park big rigs in the main area where we have our registration, pre-ride vetting, and dining area.  There are numerous lovely camp sites before the main camp, across from the main camp and after the main camp.  There is one particularly nice camp past the main camp that is easy to access, flat, close to the creek and has some shade.  It has a circular "driveway", as it circles around a moderate-sized redwood tree.
Everyone is going to have to park with an eye to saving space and being courteous to other campers/riders.

At present the total entries are 112, both rides combined.

Barbara McCrary
Ride Mgr., Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The Most Beautiful Trail in the World"