[RC] Barefoot, then shoeing for E-rides only - Kathy Mayeda - sherman

I have heard of people using it with mixed results. It probably depends on how meticulous you are in applying it, very clean dry hooves, etc. No one thought it would be good for long hard trail rides, although I do seem to recall one person having a bit of success with it on an LD and having to pull it off after a few days. Most had the experience that it didn’t stay on for a casual trail ride, sometimes it lasted a few weeks for pasture potatoes that need some protection, and some horses didn’t keep it on overnight. Wide range of experiences with it. If I were completely successful with Epics, I don’t think I’d try it.

I have to foam boots on, can’t use the Epics due to rubs, but have been experimenting with lining the gaiters with sheepskin, which works great IF I can keep the sheepskin in place. My next step is glueing it in with leather glue.

Kathy

Has anyone tried the new VetTec product for barefoot horses?  I think I'm gonna order some to try out.

K.