Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] feeling depressed about underrun heels.... - Karen Sullivan

here is a link that describes who Dr. Robert Bowker is

Also, google Dr. Chris Pollitt Phd DVSc MSC of the Department of Companion Animal Medicine and Science, University of Queensland Brisbane Australia . This investigator using freshly prepared cadaever horse hooves compared shod and nonshod specimens measuring blood flow. The application of shoes resulted in a visible dramatic reduction in blood flow and alteration in the physiology of the horse's hoof. Despite the obvious implications of this work, it has not affected the veterinary or farrier practices within the horse community significantly.

Another vet, Dr. Thomas Teskey, also has strong opinions on the damage done by nail-on metal shoes; he can be found on the Easy Care site and has a small, free trimming book....he can also be googled.

I am the original skeptic and don't much believe testimonial accounts....but when I see improvement with my own eyes, that is backed up by current veterinary research, then I start to pay attention.

Karen

Hope that helps.