Re: [RC] trailer tire pressure - Elizabeth Walker

I've always run about 10# less than the max tire pressure stated.

As a point of comparison, when I went to have the pressure checked on my truck (it is a dually, and before I got tube extenders, they had to take off the tires to check the pressure of the inside tires), the guy recommended max pressure for the rear tires, because I have a fairly heavy camper shell on the truck, but said that running less pressure (about 10 - 20#) in front was fine.

So -- I think it would depend on how big a load you are hauling.  If you are maxed out, then I would probably think max tire pressure would be the way to go.  If, like me, you usually haul one small Arab, I would think dropping the pressure 10# would be OK.

Now -- let's hear from the mechanics on the list (of which I am not one...)