Re: [RC] Horse Slaughter Bill HR 6598 - Dorothy Miller

This message was originally sent so that those of you who care about horses could make your own decision whether to call your representatives with whatever decision you feel they should make.

I love my horses; I do not love seeing horses suffer.  I do not advocate slaughter; however, like most everyone else, I jumped on the bandwagon to ban slaughter not realizing the dire consequences it would have on the horse industry.  People continue to breed horses, people continue to neglect horses, people's circumstances change and they must decide whether to feed their horses or their kids.  The idea of a slaughter free world is wonderful; the reality is something totally different.

I'm sorry, Karen, if this offended you.  That was not my intent.  My intent was to go to a horse forum to advise horse owners of a horse-related issue.

Dorothy Miller
Quincy, CA