[RC] traveling west - to Joy - Laura Hayes

Hi Joy, I can't email you privately as I read the archives and they won't show email addresses.

I have traveled across the country many times with my horses, and mostly alone.  I have had success with fairgrounds and rodeo arenas for overnight stays.  When traveling in a new area, I google 'fair' and the state, or county, if your know about where you want to stay. The results may show you the areas that have fairgrounds and you can match that up to the roads you will be traveling. From a website you can make sure the fair is not going on, and get directions.  You could call ahead to ask permission, but to tell you the truth, I don't, and have never been asked to leave.  Some places have a lock box to put money in, but most do not.  I use a holding pen or the arena, camp right there, and make sure and clean up before I go.

Good luck!

Laura Hayes