[RC] traveling west - Joy Mahler

I will be traveling to Colorado this September.  I will be taking 3 horses to their new home.  I will be traveling I-40, stopping overnight between Knoxville and Memphis Tennessee,  one night between Little Rock and Fort Smith Arkansas, and overnight between Amarillo Texas and the Colorado border.  I need to have over night paddocks or stalls for these three if at all possible.  I am thinking that after driving 10-13 hours I won’t feel much like setting up pens.  They are great together or apart and are easy to handle well trained horses.  All are up to date on shots and coggins and will have a current health certificate. I will have my own buckets for water. I would love to get a couple of bales of hay along the route just in case I run short.

Is it possible that some of the Endurance riders might have or know of a suitable overnight stopping spot?  I am traveling with my husband who is a great help and a wonderful guy but I don’t want this to be a horrible four days for him because he is really helping me a lot by agreeing to do this with me. I am usually a very independent traveler and have been for years while competing with Orion.  Three horses are just too much for me to handle in one trip. Feel free to look up my stats on Endurance Net, I have been around the miles a few times.

Any and all help will be appreciated.  Please e-mail me privately so that ridecamp doesn’t get bogged down.

Thanks

Joy Mahler