Re: [RC] Surveys-and what they mean - Truman Prevatt

We did a similar WD poll on the SERA site a few years ago. I had it put up right in the middle of a weight division food fight on ridecamp. Within a day our web manger called and said something was fishy. It sure was we determined that someone had stuffed the ballot box. The were a couple thousand anti weight division votes - we normally run a few hundred total votes. The stuffing was anti weight divisions but that's not relevant, but is was it was stuffed. We pulled the poll and put in provision to minimize the potential of a person voting more than once (it is impossible to completely prevent if someone is willing to spend the money and effort but you can make it difficult) and reissued the poll.

At that time the results were more in line with the numbers we saw from the other polls. The results were in line with what the AERC poll just run found.

Truman

Marinera@xxxxxxx wrote:
I think the percentage of AERC members responding to Mike's poll would have been greater if there had been a weight discussion before the vote. It would have been heated, I am sure, but people would have thought about the subject in greater depth, been more aware of the pros and cons of various weight issues and more apt to cast a ballot.
Julie Suhr

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil