RE: [RC] Bee Stings and DMSO - Rae Callaway

I think it’s Regumate that has the sterility issues when handled, for women, anyway.

Rae

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dot Wiggins
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:43 PM
To: Evelyn Allen; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Bee Stings and DMSO

I've not heard about the infertility info.   I do know some folks will get an odd "taste" when using DMSO bare handed.  I find when using on a horse or another person I can sometimes taste smoked oysters, others get garlic or bananas (:>)    If I put it on my own owies there is no taste, go figure.

A serious caution with it is not to  mix anything that shouldn't be absorbed with DMSO.  Be sure your hands are clean, no bug spray, paint thinner,  chemicals, etc.    It is a "carrier", for want of a better word.  This can be good or bad depending on what it is.

DMSO is a good disinfectant, wonderful on burns, stings, bruises, sprains, etc.   I've seen vets just slather it on when they had stitched big ugly wounds to keep the swelling from pulling stitches out.

I've heard/read of injecting it into the spinal cord injuries to reduce swelling.