RE: [RC] [RC] Bee Stings and DMSO - Ginger Bill

I went downstairs to the basement to gather up some DMSO. These medicines were left over from my Father. Some are in liquid bottles and some are also in a gel. They are made up of  just what they say. DIMETHYLSULFOXIDE. May penetrate skin under certain conditions and may carry such materials into the body.  The user assumes all risk of use of handling whether or not in accordance with any directions or suggestions of the manufacturer or supplier and the manufacturer and/or supplier will not be liable in any way for any damage or injury resulting fromn the product. I would highly recommend the wearing of gloves. That stuff is very HOT! However. like I said, my Father and Grandfather, both used it as a linament for aching body, especially, the knees. They were tough. If you've ever seen the movie, BITE THE BULLET, I believe that is what those endurance riders used. Not for the faint of heart. Ginger

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:43:38 -0500
From: totaleclipse2007@xxxxxxxxx
To: orrinandginger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Bee Stings and DMSO

Well I guess the fact that you're here kind of disproves that warning!  haha  But seriously, that vet really emphasized to us not to handle it without gloves - I wonder what that was all about?  Was the vet right or wrong?  I don't know anything about what the properties are that make up DMSO, but hopefully somebody else on Ridecamp does.