Re: [RC] Balanced supplementing - Dot Wiggins

Some one stated it may often be cheaper and more effective to test the feed, especially hay and grass, and supplement accordingly, rather than blood tests.   May have been Eleanor Kellon.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:54 AM
Subject: [RC] Balanced supplementing

Terre said:

"There is a bit of a problem with just feeding more of a given mineral, though; they are competitive in absorption and utilization and 'overdosing' one mineral can cause deficiencies in another."

Well said Terre!

Unless you are going to do regular blood work (My mentor has blood drawn every 4-6 weeks on the endurance horses she manages), folks...do yourself a favor and use a balanced product! I don't care what you use...just use one that is absorbed..and balanced. Don't waste your money on stuff that will only end up on the ground in the compost pile!

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx