From: mikelewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Electrolyte
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:34:44 -0500

I rode with a woman (Ruth, IIRC) from Canada a couple months ago at Carolina who had some electrolytes that I really liked.  Unfortunately, I don't have her contact info so cannot get ahold of her to ask her to remind me what the stuff is called.

This probably describes a litany of electrolyte pastes, but the stuff was white and of such a consistency that it was easy to get into the horse's mouth despite the cold outdoor temperature.  The Lyte Now paste I was using was virtually impossible to administer.

Can anyone comment on what this stuff might have been, or suggest an electrolyte paste that is easy to administer in the cold.  I like Lyte Now, but seriously could not push the stuff through the syringe.

Thanks,

Mike