Re: [RC] RO-L vs LAME - John Teeter

On Jan 15, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM wrote:

It's not a race to see who can spot a problem first and decide the horse is

done for the day.

interesting comment as the very existence of RO-L and RO-M indicates that some do see it as necessary to differentiate between the two. Otherwise the RO-L and RO-M pull codes would not exist. They ONLY indicate who spotted the issue "first" (with the additional twist that the vet always gets a chance to be first:)

that's fine,?

but it doesn't address my REAL issue, which is pointed out by ?FEI guidelines on when to eliminate (L,M,SF..) and when to withdraw (RO,RO-L,RO-M...) -?

I can very easily see a situation (i.e. any time during the FEI defined <...rest period...> ?where an AERC vet will issue a L and and FEI vet will issue a ret-la ?(which is RO-L in AERC terminology) - the same horse at the same evaluation.

THAT gets worse when the AERC Vet and the FEI Vet are the same person. Then, the same person, must say the pull code is L and the pull code is ret-la==RO-L -- which leads to a full breakdown in your system of logic:( - as in:

the following sentence is true.
the preceding sentence is false.

jt