Re: [RC] lawsuit - Susan

In recent history the RMs got together and banned this rider because this rider has now become a liability.  In this case, the rider's action was such that a prudent person could extrapolate possible events at future rides.  (IE riders at this level should know colic can be fatal and since insurance companies will pay up, most RM don't want to take a chance on the same thing happening again and most vets don't want to chance their professional reputation and money.)

There is a rider that is also a liability in my region.  I have written documentation (my eye-witness accounts as well as several others eye-witness accounts) that I would produce when I let this rider know this person isn't welcomed at my ride.  Until this rider shows a contrite and repentant heart, I will not allow this rider at my ride.  Obviously, *I* believe my documentation would stand up to a protest.  If AERC ruled that it didn't, I'd cancel my ride.

Sisu West Ranch <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My takeaway was that to ban a rider an RM had to be able to document the
misconduct, and the safest course of action would be for the RM to file a
protest and let the P&G committee handle it.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, ISSO Secretary, ISSO Points Secretary, Regional Representative
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)