Re: [RC] RO-L vs LAME - Beth Walker

I disagree. In this example, the horse went lame between two control points (preride and vet check 1). The next time the horse could be officially pulled would be at Vet Check 1, and the vet has the first crack at it. Therefore: LAME, not RO-L.

The way I read the articles and AERC rules, the vet must have a chance to look at the horse after whatever went wrong happened. Only then, if the vet passes the horse, can the rider elect an RO-X code.