Re: [RC] UAE and endurance and stuff - Steph Teeter

You also have to realize there are endurance riders, and there are UAE endurance riders, and there are Royal, Heads of State, endurance riders.

If Laura Bush were into the sport and went to some foreign country to compete, I think their impression of USA endurance riders would be a little different than when I go :) The King of Malaysia got a little different treatment when he came to the USA - not because Malaysians are all into bodyguards and stuff... but because he's a little bit important to his country (and therefore to our country). These royalty and heads of state types are being told what to do and where to go by their staff and security people. By their governments.

P. Bush was in UAE for the past couple days. yesterday they had the entire hwy system from Dubai hotel to airport shut down for most of the day. it was like a national holiday, nobody could get to work!

Steph