It is only when the vets initiate the elimination (as in the control point evaluations or upon evaluation on the course), that the L and/or Metabolic pull codes are to be used. (at least i think that is what we have been told by AERC).

I think this is how AERC defines it no matter the size or location of AERC sanctioned events.

jt

On Jan 14, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Katrina Mosshammer wrote:

Just speaking for myself...No, it is not possible at the ride I manage. All horses must be?cleared by the vet in order to get an RO. The vet secs keep and bring me their pulled cards and if?a rider?tells me?they want to RO?they have to give me?their card and the horse has to be cleared by the vet. Of course my ride is a small ride and not FEI or anything like that.
?
Katrina

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sbolinge@xxxxxxx
Sent: January 14, 2008 4:55 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] rider option

I guess I must have misunderstood what has been written about riders wanting to ride in Malaysia would not be able to if they had two metabolic pulls on their record.?Of course?it is beyond stupid to try to bypass the vets - although I have seen it done at higher level competition...my?question was -?is that a possibility perhaps done by those who don't want a metabolic pull on their record for fear of not qualifying.