Re: [RC] rider sanctioning/litigation against ride vet - Susan

In this case (or at least a case just like it), the RMs in the region sent the rider a letter telling him he isn't welcomed at their rides. For what it's worth, he's not welcomed at my ride either!

Yes, this is cause to refuse entry, in my opinion. AERC can't make me allow someone like this enter my ride and if they try, I'll not have my ride.

No one can stop a person from litigation.  The waiver we sign doesn't mean you can't sue but it may show you knew what you were getting yourself into.  I don't know what AERC could have done that would have helped the vet nor do I know what the RM could have done.  In the future, the rider will have a hard time finding a ride to enter though!

Gee flippin whiz!!  We're going to have waivers longer than the trail description!  Will we NOW have to add that endurance is an extreme sport and horses have been know to colic at endurance rides and COLIC CAN KILL!?

If riders start suing vets, vets will stop vetting rides and RM will stop managing rides.  Where will AERC be then?

I don't know...but good luck with that.

Double 8 Ranch <Double8ranch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Then, does a ride manager have the ?right to refuse entry? to the rider who brought the litigation? Does the ride manager who is ?employing? this ride vet allowed to refuse entry to this rider in the future? If the answer is ?no? the vet could very well walk out, leaving no vet for the entire ride.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, ISSO Secretary, ISSO Points Secretary, Regional Representative
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)