[RC] Club Foot - sherman

No, don’t ignore your observations, just understand that they are limited and may not be a good representation of a the breed.

I saw a holding pen at a BLM facility full of crooked leg & shoulder mustangs. I don’t now believe all mustangs have crooked legs and shoulder problems. I have an Arab/mustang filly with the most beautiful straight legs and wonderful hoof shape and toughness, which she inherited from both the Arab stallion and my mustang mare , who was not fast BTW.

My current Arab gelding is strong, tough, steadier than any QH I’ve ever ridden. I’m 58 and ridden many different horses in the past 43 years, mostly QHs, Appys, and only in the past 5 years Arabs.

Just curious, do you do endurance riding on your mustang? Mine was not suitable because she didn’t like to go far. About 10-15 miles was her preference. She is now a wonderful family trail horse.

Kathy

- Genevieve wrote:

So should I just ignore all of my observations of a specific breed just because they contradict what everyone else is telling me? I'm no sheep.

I've ridden many Arabs and I just didn't feel steady on them and didn't trust them to take me where I needed to go. I'd vastly prefer a mustang or a quarter horse. I'm just not an Arab person. More Arabs for you!

I'd say after all I've experienced I'm justified in making that generalization. It's only an opinion, after all. To each their own.